The kitchen is a place where the majority of our household waste comes from. In the grocery store, you can find all of these everyday items made from plastic AND wrapped in plastic, but it doesn’t have to be that way.
Here are 8 effortless plastic-free kitchen swaps that will last you a LONG time, eliminate a LOT of plastic, and make for a better tomorrow:
1. Eco Dish Sponges. Traditional dish sponges are made from polyurethane, a petroleum-based plastic and they ALWAYS come with soft plastic packaging. Swap those regular sponges out for our loofah plant sponges. We’ve got them for as low as $4.99 in a 3-pack. They are 100% biodegradable & always plastic-free packaging.
2. Long handle kitchen brush. Made from beechwood with sisal (agave plant) fiber bristles, this kitchen brush has replaceable brush heads to further cut down on plastic waste. Only $11.98 and comes with 1 refill head.
3. Swap out steel wool or plastic pot scrubbies for a wood and plant fiber pot brush only 5.99! You can compost it when it's reached it's end of life.
4. Swap out plastic cling wrap or foil with a 6-pack of our silicone bowl covers. Super stretchy and in various sizes to fit over melons, 1/2 cut vegetables, bowls, cans, pyrex, etc. Priced at $9.99 in square or round sets.
5. Swap out plastic cling wrap, foil, or plastic sandwich bags with our beeswax food wraps! Comes in a 3-pack and is SUPER versatile. Pack your lunches or store food in the fridge completely plastic-free- $12.
6. Coconut bottle brush with a wooden handle. Great for washing Nalgene or large hydro flask water bottles. C'mon...When was the last time you washed your water bottle?! Only $6.98!
7. Reusable silicone snack and sandwich bags. These silicone bags are reusable, dishwasher safe and heavy duty. Great for travel, hiking, packing your lunch, or food storage. They can be heated up or tossed in the freezer too! These are reusable for nearly forever, which you just can't say for plastic sandwich baggies which are typically used once and will outlive your grandparents' grandparents. Priced at $14.99 for a 3-pack.
8. Swap to a Dishwashing Block. Ditch the plastic bottle for a solid dish block. It is impeccable for hand washing dishes and even cleaning your kitchen countertops! Lasts for months, is vegan, and completely natural and safe. Zero plastic AND chemical free. Priced at $12.98 for a 7.5oz bar.
So there you have it, 8 effortless plastic-free kitchen swaps that are easy to implement, affordable, and kind to our Mother Earth.